I hope you are having a wonderful day! It's Sunday and time for Card Creating Sundays over at My Cricut Craft Room. I'm really happy that you stopped by for a visit today because I have a really sweet birthday card to share with you.
I used the new Cricut Circle Cartridge Sophie for my card today. This cart is loaded with some beautiful images. I haven't been too crazy about most of the Circle cartridges, but I LOVE this one!
* These gorgeous patterned papers are from the Flea Market paper stack by Colorbox. I love those blues and browns...so pretty!
* Solids are from Coredinations and Bazzill.
* I ran a strip of tape across the top of my striped mat and gathered a piece of cream ribbon.
* The lovely oval mat was created with the Spellbinders die Lacy Ovals and Classic Ovals. I cut 2 layers of the green cardstock and used pop dots to adhere them together, lifting my image off the card a bit. I also inked up the edge of the cream colored oval with brown ink and added a few gems from Close To My Heart.
* The Cricut cartridge Sophie was used for that beautiful bird and birdcage. I cut the image out at 3. 5 inches. Before gluing the bird onto the image, I sprayed the birdcage with Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold for a bit of shimmer. After the Glimmer Mist was dry, I added the bird using pop dots.
* The mat for my sentiment is cut from Cricut's Art Philosophy cartridge. I used the label found on page 56 and cut it at 1 inch. Again, I cut the bottom layer out twice and used pop dots to add some dimension and lift.
* The birthday sentiment is from the Pink By Design stamp set Crikey. I added a couple more of those fabulous gems to either side of my sentiment.
In this photo, you can see all the layers and dimension added by using pop dots...
I was really happy with the way this card turned out...how about you? I really do love to hear your comments and any suggestions you may have...just be kind!
Ok...I hope you will pop on over to My Cricut Craft Room and see what the talented ladies over there have to share with you today. Hope to see you soon....
Until next time,