Hello everyone and welcome!
I'm so happy that you stopped by today because I have a couple of fun things to share with you! Over the next few days, the Pink By Design Blog will be showcasing projects inspired by the classic Christmas song "The 12 Days of Christmas". As a design team member, I get to play along...yay! The wonderfully talented Elizabeth started us off yesterday with her creation to honor the first day of Christmas with A Partridge In A Pear Tree. I hope you will take a minute to see her lovely card.
My card is inspired by The Second Day of Christmas. And, if you remember that song, you know that the second day of Christmas involves Two Turtle Doves.....
It's not often that I create a card (or anything for that matter) that I truly, truly love. But....this card, I truly love! I'm just really pleased with the way it turned out, even if I can't get that tune out of my head! I think I hummed it to myself the entire time I worked on this card!
Here's the way this card came together...
* I created an ivory easel card base and inked up the edges using Distressed ink in Tea Dye.
* Patterned cardstock is from Recollections paper stack The 12 Days of Christmas (how great is that?)
* After covering the ivory card base in the dark brown paper, I cut another layer from the plaid paper for the front of my card. Then, using a Nestabilities die, I cut a circle in the center, top portion of the plaid paper.
* I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the branches for my wreath. I used a green, patterned paper also in this paper stack to punch the branches. I wanted the shades of green to vary, so I inked up some of the branches using a dark green ink....
* Next, I started gluing the branches around the circle. I just placed the branches overlapping one another and turned at various angles until I was happy with the way it looked. After the glue had time to dry, I added red gems for holly berries and some green crinkle ribbon along the bottom.
* The doves are cut from Cricut's Joys of the Season cartridge at 2.75 inches. The image is really sort of skinny, so I cut it out 3 times and glued the cuts together to give it a bit more strength.
* I needed the image to be pretty tough because next comes a coat of Glossy Accents and lots of gold glitter. And the heart gets a coat of red glitter.
* After everything was dry, I placed the plaid layer on top of the easel card to check placement for the doves. After finding the correct placement, I removed the plaid layer and adhered the doves...
* I didn't want my wreath to be right on top of the doves, I wanted a bit more dimension, so I added pop dots to the back of the plaid layer to lift it up...
* Next it's time to add all the "pretties"! The rose is from Cricut's Art Philosophy cartridge. I used the rose from page 70 and cut it at 3.5 inches. After putting it together, I gave it a spritz of spray adhesive and a dash of red glitter.
* I hand cut a sentiment mat, inked up the edges and stamped it with that beautiful sentiment from the Christmas Wishes stamp set by Pink By Design. I tucked the sentiment mat under the rose and added that lovely stick pin.
*For the bottom portion of my easel card, I cut another layer of ivory cardstock, inked up the edges and stamped it with the Music background stamp from Pink By Design.
* Back to Joys of the Season for the phrase 2 turtle doves. I used the phrase and shadow to cut this out at 2.5 inches. I adhered the phrase to my card and there you have it....
The Second Day Of Christmas....
I hope you have enjoyed my vision of the Second Day Of Christmas! And, I hope you will visit the Pink By Design Blog daily to see what the other designers have in store for you! There are going to be some fabulous projects!
Ok, before you go...I have more news to share! I have the winning name of those cute little Christmas stamps from my Christmas Gifts Blog Hop! But first, I want to welcome all my new followers and I hope you will continue to visit. And a huge thank you to all my "regulars"...you guys make my day! Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments! Ok...Random Number Generator chose number
Lisa said... 42 oh my goodness! I love this idea! My husbands side of the family does a white elephant for christmas gifts -- this would be a huge hit!!! Love it! Thanks for the great idea!!
Congrats Lisa! Please use the "Contact Corner" button at the top of my blog to leave me your mailing address and I'll get your stamps in the mail to you in the next few days.
I am entering this card in the Holiday Card Challenge at Fantabulous Cricut.
Thanks for stopping by everyone!
Until next time,