Hello everyone and welcome!
I can't believe it but it's the last day of January already! Didn't I just take down my Christmas decorations? This month has just flown by! Have you started working on Valentines Day projects yet? I'm happy to say that I have completed a frame for each of my 3 grandchildren (you can see them here) and I've started on my cards.
Today's card is for my Mama. We lost my Daddy 5 years ago on February 24th. 10 days after Valentines Day and 8 days after my Mama's birthday. So, as you can imagine, February brings around lots of memories and emotions. My Daddy was an awesome man (spoken like a true "Daddy's Girl") and my parents were a great "couple". 5 years later, I still think of them as a "couple"...I still catch myself thinking "I need to call Mama and Daddy" or I can't wait to tell "Mama and Daddy". I guess some couples are just....
I used the following items for my card:
* White 5 X 6.5 card base
* Red cardstock layer, punched on the sides with a Martha Stewart Punch
* I used K&Company printed paper to cut .75 inch strips. I distressed the edges of each strip, inked them up using Ranger's Barn Door ink and adhered them to my red layer.
* The adorable kissing couple is from the Silhouette store. I ran the cut through my Xyron and covered it with Martha Stewart glitter in Garnet.
* My sentiment mat is cut using the Spellbinders die Grommet Tags and inked up with Ranger's Barn Door ink.
* The beautiful sentiment is from the Pink By Design stamp set Just Breathe. I finished off the sentiment mat with a couple of gems by Recollections.
And here's another photo of my card....
I hope you enjoyed my sweet little card today! As always, thank you so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits and your sweet comments, they make my day! Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you soon!
Until next time,