Hello everyone and Happy Monday!
I hope you've had a fun, productive weekend! I've been enjoying some time with all my grands and celebrating my grandson Blake's 3rd birthday a few days early. They will be here for another day or so, and I'll have pics to share, but I wanted to take a minute to say..... it's time for another Challenge Me Monday over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
Here are the details for Challenge #104
Out Like A Lamb
"Make a project using a gentle animal...lamb, kitten, puppy, etc."
Remember: You must use at least one Cricut cut somewhere on your project.
I decided to go with a shaped card for this week's challenge. And, I was able to use my new Noah's ABC Animals again.....
* I used my Grand Nestabilities "Grand Scalloped Circles" to create my card base
* Next, I cut a circle at 4.75 inches for the center of my card. I cut it into sections to resemble pieces of a quilt. Using that as a pattern, I traced each section onto pretty, printed paper (from My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found" paper stack) and lightly glued them into place.
* I used my sewing machine and a zig-zag stitch to sew around the edges of each "quilt piece". Then I used a straight stitch and stitched around the outside of my circle.
* I added some wonderful crinkle ribbon to my "quilted circle" then adhered it to my scalloped card base (which was inked up with some "Worn Lipstick" Distress Ink)
* That sweet little lamb is from "Noah's ABC Animals" and is cut at 3.25 inches.
* The hearts are from "George"
* Sentiment is from the "Pink By Design" stamp set Country Living
Here's another view of my card...
And, I think you can see all the layers a bit better here...
I hope you will stop by FCCB and see all the fabulous inspiration created for you by the talented Design Team. Once you begin feeling that inspiration...go ....get creative...then link up your project with us! I can't wait to see what YOU create!
Until next time,