Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you!
It's that time again...time for another "Challenge Me Monday" over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog! We have a fun challenge for you this week:
On The Go
Make a project with a car, bike, train, plane, etc.
Remember - your project must have at least one Cricut cut on it!
For my Design Team entry I decided to go with an easel card....
(click on photo to enlarge)
I really like the bold colors on this card and had a lot of fun putting this one together!
* Easel card - Black Recollections cardstock
* Black houndstooth paper - DCWV
* Solid papers - Bazzill
* Twine - "Maraschino" From the The Twinery
* Ribbon - Celebrate It
* Brads - Recollections
* Banner - "Birthday Bash" cut out at .75 inch. I cut the layers twice and used pop-dots between the layers to lift them up from the card base.
* Car- "Boys Will Be Boys" cut at 2.5 inches. I cut the base layer out twice from cardstock and once from clear craft plastic by Recollections. I adhered the plastic layer to one layer of the car to make the windows look like glass. The next layer was adhered with pop -dots.
* The tires were embossed with the "Distressed Stripes" embossing folder. I inked up the "chrome" parts of the car with Versamark Watermark ink and used Ranger's Clear Embossing Powder to give them a shiny look.
You can see the glare from the "window" and the shiny finish on the "chrome" in this photo...
* The "Fast Lane" sentiment is from the "Beep Beep" cartridge and is cut at 1.5 inches.
And, that's my card for this week's challenge! I hope you are able to find a bit of crafting time so that you can join our challenge this week! Before you get started, please take a few minutes to check out the fun, fabulous projects that my Design Team sisters have put together for your inspiration. You can see all the wonderful creations right HERE. After you soak up all that inspiration...go...get creative and link up your project with us over at FCCB! I can't wait to see what you create!
Until next time,