Hello everyone and happy Friday to you!
I cannot believe that it is June already! Summer is here full force in southeast Alabama and the temps have felt like it's been here for awhile! We have already had days in the 90's and summer's just getting started. Looks like we will be in for a long, hot summer...again!
Our VBS program starts on Sunday and I'll be very busy with that and grandchildren for the first week or so of June. So...my crafting will be put on hold for a bit. I do have a few posts that are ready to go, but I may not be able to visit with you for a few days. So, don't give up on me if you don't hear from for a few days....I'll be back!
Knowing that I would not have much crafting time in the near future sent me into a bit of a crafting frenzy (hence the posts that are ready to roll) and I was able to complete a fun little project to display in my craft corner and link up to a couple of challenges. I will be linking up with the following challenges:
Bitten By The Bug 2 - Garden Challenge (anything you would find in your garden)
DL. Art - Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces - Use Red
I have taken over a bit more space for my crafting area (ok...so, it's a whole room) and it is need of some cute decor. So my project today will be added to a shelf (as soon as I hang one) on an easel (as soon as I purchase one)....
(click on photo to enlarge)
* Base and frame are created from the Cricut cartridge "Elegant Edges". The base is cut twice from cardboard and once from blue cardstock. I used the image on page 29 and cut it at 7.5 inches. I glued the 3 layers together and inked up the edges.
* I dabbled a little white ink onto the blue paper for clouds.
* The frame is cut once from cardboard and once from the striped paper. I glued these 2 layers together, inked the edges and set it aside until I finished the inside.
* The cute little gnome and mushroom are from Cricut's "Freshly Picked" cartridge. They are both cut at 4 inches.
* The sentiment mat is from "Elegant Edges" - Oblong Frame on page 23, cut at 2.25 inches. The sentiment is from the stamp set "Wild Life Puns" from Joy's Life.
* Twine - The Twinery
* Flowers, vine and butterfly are all from the "Art Philosophy" Cartridge. The large flower is an embellishment I made with paper clips a few weeks ago. You can see that post here.
* Patterned paper - "Modern Homemaker" paper stack from October Afternoon
After creating my little garden scene on the base layer of my project, I added the frame using foam adhesive strips to lift the frame portion up. I think you can see the layers in this photo...
So now I just need to get an easel...get a shelf or two and find the time to get this cute little guy up on the wall in my craft corner! Thanks for stopping by today and as always, thanks for leaving me such sweet, encouraging comments. I'll be dropping by for a visit with you in my spare minutes over the next week or so!
Until next time,