Hello everyone and welcome to Nonna's Craft Corner!
Before I get started with my project, I just wanted to say a quick Thank You to everyone who has left such kind comments about our VBS program. Tonight will be the last night of our program and it has been going wonderfully! The set (you can see it here) has been a huge success, the classes have been great and the kids have been having a wonderful time. It's been such a blessing for me to be able to share this experience with my grandchildren. Emma has been taking part for several years now, and Blake is enjoying his first year of VBS with Nonna and Papa. As I write this it is just after midnight and the two of them are zonked out on an air mattress in my bedroom, sleeping the sleep of tired little children! And, if I had any sense at all, I would be asleep with them! But, it takes me awhile to wind down so I thought I would share a card with you as I enjoy a few minutes of quiet!
When Chris at Get Inspired With Chatter Scene designed my blog, I asked her to create a "Cartridge Corner" tab for me. I planned to use this tab for exploring new cartridges or cartridges that I don't use very often. Well, I haven't really used that tab very much and would like to start putting it to good use. So, today's card is from a cartridge that I've had for awhile, but just haven't really played around with it very much...
I picked up Cricut's "Something To Celebrate" when it was on sale at Michael's, stuck it on my shelf and sort of forgot about it. I pulled it out not too long ago to look through the booklet and really fell in love with all the shape cards that are available. Here are the Creative Features for this cart...
Lots and lots of options on one cartridge...I love it! And, here's my card...
* I used the "Shadow/Card" feature found on page 27, cutting at 6.5 inches on white cardstock. The edges were inked up with Distress Ink in "Worn Lipstick"
* I cut out the lollipop image and covered the candy portion with Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter.
* The purple bow was embossed with the Sizzix embossing folder "Dotted Flower Rings".
* Using the "Decor" Feature on pager 67, I cut the tag at 2 inches. I also inked up the edges with "Worn Lipstick" Distress Ink
* I used the stamp set "Say It Sweet" from Pink By Design to add a birthday sentiment to my tag. Then added a few gems and some twine from "The Twinery".
I love how quickly this fun little shaped card came together and look forward to using this cartridge again! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this sweet card! I hope to be back soon with another project and some VBS photos to share with you soon!
Until next time,