Hello everyone and Happy Labor Day!
I hope you have been enjoying your long weekend. We've had a busy day around here. Hubby and I spent the morning working in the yard (and it is much too hot). Got a few plants in the ground, cleaned up a bit, hosed down the porches...and Lola! Why does my silly little Yorkie not mind getting soaking wet in the water hose outside, but fights like a wildcat when I try to bathe her?
After all of that I'm thinking a nap sounds pretty good! But, I thought I would try to get my card for the latest Peachy Keen Challenge posted first! Challenge #33 is "Anything Goes"...my favorite kind of challenge! I went all out, bright and colorful on this one....
(click on photo to enlarge)
* Fun, printed papers are from a school paper stack by "Me & My Big Ideas"
* Paint palette is from the Silhouette Online Store - I splattered several colors of paint onto the palette to give it that messy, creative look!
* I added Glossy Accents to each puddle of paint on the palette
* The paint brush was created with a stamp from the August Peachy Keen Stamp set - I paper pieced it, added some real paint to the tip and Stickles to the metal portion
* The fun sentiment and happy face are also from the August PK stamp set - I also splattered my tag with paint
* I got so happy with my paint splatters, that I added a few to the inside of my card!
This is one of those cards that just makes me happy!
I'm also going to enter this one into the Paper Playtime Challenge. Challenge #83 is to use gingham and a die cut.
Ok, I really think it's time for that nap. Then maybe a dip in the pool while hubby is cooking our steaks on the grill......life is good! I'll be seeing you soon...
Until next time,