Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by!
If you follow my Facebook page, you've probably already heard this story - feel free to scroll on down the page!!! If you missed it, I have to share my latest "misadventure" with you!
Many of you "know" my little 8 pound bundle of energy, Lola. Well, Sunday night my hubby and I were playing with her, trying to tire her out before bedtime. I got a little too rowdy with her and she snipped at me - I think one of those sharp little teeth sort of "snagged" on the crease at the base of my finger. She yanked back and so did I and the two of us managed to mangle my right, index finger - YES - my crafting hand! Off to the ER at 10:00 that night - 2 hours, 4 stitches, tetanus shot and prescription for antibiotics - then finally home! All this on my hubby's birthday!
I will spare you the gorier details, but will share the blessing that it seems the bite missed the nerves that run along the sides of the finger and missed the muscle that helps spread the fingers. So, hopefully once the swelling goes down and the stitches are out I will be back to normal (whatever that is). So, if I have lots of typos, am slow to post or slow to visit your blog - just know that I'm working on it as I am having to hen-peck everything! I'm thankful that I had a few projects finished and ready to post! And now I'm stop blabbing and get on with it....
This week's challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps is "Cards Only -Shape It Up".
And, here's what I came up with....
(click on photo to enlarge)
* The ornament shape is from the Silhouette Online Store. I used the Offset function to create a shadow, duplicated and flipped it. Then I welded the 2 shapes together to make a card base.
* That cute little tree is from Peachy Keen - PK-12
* The Santa and sentiment are also from Peachy Keen - PK-332
* Sentiment mat is Spellbinders die "Grommet Tags"
* This card got lots of glitter and bling!
* I used Stickles on Santa's clothes and Martha Stewart coarse glitter on the sentiment
* The red "ornaments" are from Recollections
* The green, glittery gems are from The Paper Studio
* I also used lots of pop dots to make my little Christmas scene stand out!
I am also linking this card up with the following challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas - Challenge #94 - Holiday Spirit
Little Scrap Pieces - Make It Sparkle
Paper Playtime - Christmas Colors
Ok, this hen pecking is getting to me! Thanks for letting me share my sad story with you! Oh, by the way, we are thinking of changing Lola's name to Spike...whatcha think?
Until next time,