Hello everyone and happy Friday to you!
I hope your week has been great and I wish you a wonderful weekend! It's been a good day around here. We (me, hubby and a very wonderful friend) spent a few hours working on the set for our VBS program this afternoon. I think it is finally beginning to look like something (I hope). We still have hours and hours of work ahead of us, but I do think I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel..stay tuned for pictures!
I was also able to sneak in a bit of crafting time this morning. This is one of those cards that turned out absolutely nothing like the image I started off with in my head. And, to be honest, I'm not really sure if I even like it all that much. It just seems to be missing something or another. I love the flower, I love the sentiment...maybe it's the ribbon that's off? This ribbon seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I'm not so sure. I've spent over an hour tonight trying to tweak this card! However...it is now into the wee hours of the morning...so for now (at least), it is what it is....
How's that for an introduction?
(click on photo to enlarge)
* I used a Martha Stewart punch on my pale yellow mat and added some stitching in lime green.
* The flower is from Cricut's "Flower Shoppe" cartridge. I used the <Fun 2> cut found on page 16 and it cut it out a layer at 3 inches, 3.5 inches, 4 inches and 4.5 inches.
* Next I inked up the edges then spritzed each layer with a mist of water. I wrinkled up each layer a bit and left them to dry.
* The yellow center is the <Fun 1> image found on page 16 cut at 4.5 inches. This was inked with Distress Ink in "Rusty Hinge".
* The leaves are the <Ruffle5> image found on page 22 and are cut at 2 inches and 2.5 inches. I also spritzed these with water and curled them a bit.
* The sentiment mat is from Cricut's "Art Philosophy" cartridge. I used the <shape4> image on page 56 and cut it at 1.25 inches. The orange layer got a sprinkle of MS coarse glitter in Crystal.
* The sentiment is from the "Definitely Definitions" stamp set from Pink By Design
I really do love the way the flower turned out. Once all the layers were dry and assembled, I was very happy with all the dimension...
And, there you have it...such as it is! Can you tell how blah I feel about this card? If you have any suggestions on how to tweak it....please feel free to share them with me!
Ok, I think it's about time for me to head to bed. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back on Monday for the next Challenge Me Monday at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
Until next time,