Hello everyone and Happy Saturday to you!
I hope your weekend is off to a great start. I plan on working on a few projects for the upcoming release of the newest Peachy Keen Stamps and my first Design Team project for Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons. So, I guess it will be a busy weekend for me. But, that's a good kinda busy!
Speaking of busy...the last couple of days have been busy ones around my house. That's because my sweet Emma spent some time with me and we stayed busy! We went on the search for items to use in our VBS program this year, we went shopping, we went to the movies, we crafted, we ate too much junk food and we stayed up to late -it was awesome!
I bought some large, heavy chipboard letters for Emma's name months ago. They have been sitting on a shelf in my craft corner for a long time just getting dusty, waiting for us to have enough time to decorate them. Well, this time we managed to get them finished, and just look what a great job my sweet little crafter did....
(click on photo to enlarge)
Here's how she did it...
* Emma painted the edges of each letter in a pretty purple paint, then selected some cute princess papers to cover each letter.
* She had me trace and cut out each letter for her (it's easier to sub out some of the work). Then Emma painted on some Mod Podge (as she giggled about the name of Mod Podge) onto each letter with a foam brush.
* We placed the patterned paper onto the letter and Emma used a brayer to make sure it was glued down well and to get out all of the air bubbles. Then, some of us went off to play Barbies while waiting for the glue to dry.
* After everything was dry, I used a large staple gun to create a hanger from pink tulle for each letter. Then it was time for the fun part! Emma and I spent some time at the Silhouette Online Store choosing images for her letters.....
* Emma choose the cute little unicorn for the letter E. She added some hot pink glitter to his mane and tail and some gold Stickles on his horn.
* We found a pretty princess to add to the letter M. Emma decided on silver glitter for her crown and added lots of clear gems to her dress and shoes - she also made a bracelet for her princess!
* The next M got a fun silver crown. Emma added lots of pink, purple and gold glitter to the jewels.
* The letter A got a pretty, magical wand. We used some fun "tinsel glitter" on this one. I wish you see how it really sparkles - the photo doesn't do it justice!
And there you go - I'm sure happy that Emma's name is Emma - 4 letters took us several hours to finish! But of course, we took several breaks for food, shopping, movies and such! I had a great time crafting with my sweet granddaughter and I know these are going to look so pretty in her room! Ok, Emma...be thinking about what you want to make next time!
Thanks for stopping by today and letting Emma share her project with you! Have a great weekend and I'll be seeing you soon....
Until next time,