Welcome and happy Monday to you!
I hope you all had a wonderful, refreshing weekend and are ready to start another week. After our busy week with VBS and grandchildren, it was nice to have a quiet, relaxing weekend. I got in a bit of crafting, a little reading and lot of just being lazy...it was great!
Now that Monday is here (yep...already), it's time for another "Challenge Me Monday" over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. Since Father's Day is just around the corner, we thought we would honor all the Dads out there with this week's challenge...
Make a card using an outdoor theme: hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.
Remember that your project must have at least one Cricut cut on it.
Ok, now I have to admit that my project is really pushing the limits on today's challenge. My hubby is NOT an outdoors kind of guy. However, guys that are outdoor types, do get trophies for hunting and fishing and that sort of thing...right?....Ok, work with me here.....
(click on photo to enlarge)
While my hubby may not get a trophy for any sort of outdoor sports, he definitely deserves one for being an awesome Husband, Dad and Grandfather! So, let me tell you how I put this together.
Recipe for card:
* Ribbon shaped card - "Something To Celebrate" Cricut cartridge. (I am really loving this cartridge!) This cut is made using the "Card Feature" found on page 47 and is cut at 5.25 inches.
I love all the great layers on this image and they layer together wonderfully!
* The paper is from "The Guy Stack" by DCWV
*The sentiment is from the stamp set "Just 4 Men" by Pink By Design
* The stars stamped around the center are from CTMH stamp set "You Are"
Recipe for gift bag:
* Small kraft paper bag from Hobby Lobby
* Trophy cut is from "Something To Celebrate". I used the shape on page 46 and cut it at 7.5 inches. The cut has a smiley face in the center of the trophy that I chose not to use.
* Papers from "The Guy Stack" by DCWV
* I used the embossing folder "Woodgrain" from Paper Studio for the base of my trophy. The stamp is from "My Pink Stamper"
* I added some stars along the top of the trophy using the CTMH stamp set "You Are"
* I replaced the smiley face with a couple of punched circles stamped with #1 Dad. This sentiment is from the K. Andrews "Guy Talk" stamp set.
* The gift bag is stuffed with "Turtles" (the chocolate kind, not the little green guys), one of my hubby's favorites!
So, don't you think this would be a great trophy for any Dad...outdoorsman or not? I hope you will stop by FCCB and see what the other designers have in store for you. I think they played along with the rules much better than I did! After you check out all that inspiration...go...get creative...then link up your Father's Day creation with us. I can't wait to see what you create!
*This project will also be entered into the following challenges:
Little Scrap Pieces - Happy Father's Day Challenge
Simply Create Too - Father's Day
My Sheri Crafts - Father's Day
Until next time,