Hello everyone and welcome to my little corner of the crafting world!
I am so happy that you stopped by today because I have a special project to share with you. My sweet crafty friend, Georgiana, recently asked me to be a Guest Designer on the fun challenge blog Die Cuttin' Divas. I am really honored and excited and can't wait to show you what I've created! The challenge this week is to use a pumpkin (or pumpkins) on your project.
And, here's what I came up with....
(click on photo to enlarge)
I started my project with an Artist Tray made by "7 Gypsies". I knew I wanted a fall theme so I picked pretty papers in gold, orange, brown, and green tones. I also picked images that remind me of falling leaves, cooler weather, thanksgiving and things I am grateful for.
* For each square I measured and cut a piece of thin cardboard. After choosing the paper for that square, I glued it on, inked up the edges in "Vintage Sepia" Ink by Versamark, and stitched around the edges with dark brown thread.
* Next, each square was decorated with an image that makes me think of fall. All the images are from the Silhouette Online Store.
* After I completed each square, I added some Zip Dry Glue to the back of the cardboard and adhered it into the correct space.
I have a few close up photos for you....
* All cuts unless otherwise specified are from the Silhouette Online Store*
*The "Fall" Banner is designed by "Echo Park" - I used a few gems from Recollections and some cute orange and brown twine from Trendy Twine.
* The acorn is also from "Echo Park". The top portion is embossed with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder. I used some beautiful Crinkle ribbon from "My Craft Spot" to finish this square off.
* The sunflower file is called "3D Sunflower" and is so pretty! The brown center was also embossed with the "Swiss Dots" folder. The strip of burlap behind the flower is from "Canvas Corp".
* The tree is embossed with the "Woodgrain" embossing folder. I added some rusty colored Crinkle Ribbon to this square and a gem from "The Paper Studio" in the center of my bow. The sentiment is from "Pink By Design" and I hand cut the little banner.
* The pretty leaf comes next. I added some twine in a vintage pattern. I'm not sure where I purchased this twine from - I've had it for a long time. A dark brown button finishes up this square.
* I cut the phrase "Truly Grateful" in orange cardstock and inked it up with more brown ink. This was added to a pretty frame after I stitched around the edges. The file for the frame is called "4 Nested Frames". For the finishing touch, I added more beautiful Crinkle Ribbon.
* Now, this file cannot be found in the Silhouette Online Store! These are my 3 beautiful grandchildren - Emma, Brayden and Blake! I used a sweet frame from the SOS and added a couple of bows made from more vintage twine and gems. The phrase "blessed" is also from the SOS.
*The Pilgrim Hat and Pie are both from a file called "Thanksgiving Icons". A few gems, a button and some twine complete these squares.
* And, finally....the pumpkins! These fun pumpkins are from a file labeled "3 Pumpkins". I love the designs on each one. The sentiment is from "K. Andrews Designs" and is stamped on a label I cut using Spellbinders "Grommet Tags.
One last photo...my Artist Tray on display in my home....
Before I end my post, I would like to thank Georgiana for inviting me to play along with this week's challenge. I hope you will hop on over to Die Cuttin' Divas and see what beautiful projects the Designers have in store for you. I hope to see your Pumpkin project lined up for this week's challenge! Thanks again for stopping by and I'll be seeing you soon!
Until next time,