Happy Monday to you and welcome to Nonna's Craft Corner!
Are you ready for another "Challenge Me Monday"? We have a fun challenge going on this week for you at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog:
Create a project with a Tux, Dress, Prom or Dance Theme.
Remember, your project must have at least one Cricut cut!
Awhile back I ordered a beautiful stamp set from Pink By Design called "Rise Above It All". When I read the details about this week's challenge, I knew I would finally have a chance to use my new stamps! I think this sentiment is just the perfect bit of encouragement for so many situations, especially those situations that teach us to learn from our mistakes....
"When you trip in Life, make it part of your dance"
(click on photo to enlarge)
* Card base was created with Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities "Big Scalloped Circles"
* Papers - Ooh La La paper stack by The Paper Studio
* Dancer - Cricut cartridge "Shall We Dance?" I used the figure found on page 58 and cut it out at 6 inches. I cut out the body layer 3 times and glued them together for a bit of dimension on the card.
* Even at 6 inches, the eyelashes and mouth just did not cut out properly. So, the eyelashes are drawn on with a marker and the mouth is painted on using Smooch.
* I added gems to her dress and made a flower for her hair using a paper punch.
* I used Spellbinders "Beaded Circles" to create a mat for my sentiment.
* Sentiment is from the "Pink By Design" stamp set "Rise Above It All"
* A big, black bow made of tulle was the finishing touch for this card.
And, isn't that sentiment just perfect? I love it!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I always enjoy your visits and the kind words you leave for me...they make my day! I hope you will stop by FCCB to see what the other fantabulous Design Team members have in store for you today. Then, be sure to find some creative time just for yourself. When you're done, link up your project with us at FCCB. I can't wait to see what beautiful things you create!
Until next time,