Hello everyone and welcome to my little corner of the crafting world! I'm really happy that you stopped by for a visit because today in a special day for me. Today marks 32 years of marriage to the man God chose for me! I am truly blessed to have this man as my husband!
So..what kind of card did I create for his special day in our lives? Something romantic, something mushy, something sentimental? Nope...something that hits home a bit closer...lol! I love those lazy Saturday mornings when I get to sleep in and my hubby gets busy in the kitchen. He can whip up some mean bacon and eggs and a great cup of coffee (ok...so we have a Keurig...but he does cook)! When Sarah at Pink By Design came up with the great stamp set "You Are", I knew I HAD to make a card for my hubby with this special sentiment....
(kinda says it all...don't ya think?)
So, let me tell you how I put this card together...
* I made the "place mat" using Spellbinders Grand Nestablities "Labels Eleven" I cut the card base from Kraft paper then used the die once again on the red gingham
* I used a white gel pen to add some stitches around my "place mat"
* The bacon and eggs image is from the Silhouette Store. I ran the plate through my Cuttlebug using the "Preserves" embossing folder.
*The napkin is a square of white fabric, folded in thirds. I frayed the bottom edges to give the look of a linen napkin
* The napkin ring is cut from Spellbinders "Lacy Ovals" and stamped with that fun stamp made by Pink By Design
(click on photo to enlarge)
* The silverware is also from the Silhouette Store. A spoon was included with this set, but I didn't really have room for it on my card.
* After cutting out the knife and fork, I embossed the ends with the "Textile Texture" embossing folder
* Next, I covered the knife and fork with VersaMark ink in "Dazzle" and heat embossed them to give them a shiny, metallic look
So, Happy Anniversary Donell, I love you! And...you can cook me breakfast anytime!
Until next time,