Hi there everybody - thanks for stopping by! I hope you have been enjoying your weekend and getting lots of crafty stuff done! My granddaughter Emma is spending the night with us tonight and when she gets to my house the very first thing she does is run Lola (our Yorkie) all over the house! Lola is always so excited to see Emma and it takes a few laps around the house to burn off that excitement! The next thing she wants to do is...CRAFT! I have trained this girl right...lol! So, tonight we thought we would work on a Halloween decoration, and this is what the two of us came up with....
Isn't this cute? I'm thinking I may have to change the name of my blog!
*We looked over some of the files I have downloaded from the Silhouette Online Store and decided on this fun witches hat. The file is 3D Hat Box - Witch.
* Next we cut everything out - I handled the computer and Emma loaded, hit the cut button and unloaded the paper for me. I think her favorite part was pulling the paper off the mat and seeing how the cuts looked.
* Next, she helped me figure out how to put the parts together and held things together for me as they dried. She also got to add the glitter to our silver buckle - she thought that was awesome!
* It took us a few minutes to decide how we wanted to embellish our hat, but we finally agreed on the cool, metallic purple sprig (Michaels) and some bright orange Crinkle Ribbon. Emma insisted that it HAD to have orange on it somewhere because after all it is a Halloween project!
* I wanted to add a flower to the center of our ribbon, but my guest designer had another idea - she thought we needed a spider! You know...when she's right...she's right!
* This cute little witches hat has a cool little secret....
The top lifts off - and you have a great little box to stash some Halloween goodies!
How cute is that?
I had planned on posting some photos of Emma with her creation, but she and Lola are zonked out on the couch! I think they have worn each other out - I'm just hoping they both sleep through the night!
I'm going to link up our project in a couple of challenges that are going on this week...
Eek! Boo! Ahh! Challenge #4 at Cut It Up Challenges
Well, this Nonna is pretty tired too, so I think this is about it for me tonight. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. Oh...and if you are ever in need of a guest designer...I think I know someone who would be just perfect!
Until next time,