Hello and welcome to Nonna's Craft Corner!
In case you are wondering what the 32 is all about...it's the number of years that I will have been married next Thursday, May 3rd. Yay for me and the hubby!
I saw this cute "Shadow Box Card" in the Silhouette Online Store and knew that I wanted to make something to display in honor of our upcoming anniversary. This another one of my "hybrid" creations... part Silhouette Cameo... part Circut....
(click on photo to enlarge)
* Shadowbox Card - Silhouette Online Store
* I laced up the edges with brown ribbon
* Number 32 is from the Cricut cartridge "Nate's ABCs"
* Dark brown flourish is from Cricut's "Cindy Loo"
* Antique Key from Silhouette Online Store
* Sentiment mat and hearts are from Cricut's "Art Philosophy" cartridge
* Sentiment - "Too The Moon" stamp set by Pink By Design
* I cut out the shadow layer of the my numbers twice and used pop-dots to adhere them and lift them up from the card a bit.
* I added a few dots of Liquid Applique in dark brown.
* The key is inked up and covered in Crackle Accents to give it an antique look
I think you can see the layers better in this photo...
While I have you here...I would like to ask a favor. Many of you have read my postings about my sweet little friend Trinitie and the battle she is enduring against a rare brain tumor. Well, she has been home from Children's Hospital for a couple of weeks now and has been doing really well. She has even started back to school and has been interviewed by the local news station. You can see the video about Trinitie and her special friend Lauren HERE. Unfortunately, this afternoon Trinitie was rushed to the hospital after getting very sick and becoming unable to talk. The hospital ran several test and noted swelling in her brain. As I type this, Trinitie is in an ambulance on the way back to Children's Hospital in Birmingham. Please pray for Trinitie and her family as they deal with this setback. Thank you for the many prayers already said for this sweet family and the many cards you have sent for Trinitie. Please continue to lift up this family in prayer.
Until next time,